Personal Information Collection Statement
This Personal Information Collection Statement sets out the purposes for which the information provided by you will be used following collection, what you are agreeing to with respect to our use of such information and your rights under the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance, Cap 486. This statement may change from time to time, so please check back periodically. Each time you log in to this website and use its services, you agree to be bound by the statement in force at that time.
Collection of Data
You may be asked to provide with personally-identifiable information such as name and e-mail address. This is necessary to provide you with the various services and activities offered on this website. You are not obliged to supply the data, but if you do not, the services and activities will be unavailable.
IP address of the computer used to visit our website may be recorded.
Purposes of Collecting Personal Data
The purposes for which your Personal Data may be used are as follows:
- to verify your identity and eligibility in connection with any of the activities that we may provide to you;
- to communicate with you by email, phone or other means, including contacting you regarding offers and responding to your enquiries;
- to make disclosure when required by law, regulation, or court order of any jurisdiction, and/or as requested by any government, regulatory or law enforcement authority or administrative organisation, which may be within or outside The Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of the People's Republic of China ("Hong Kong");
- to establish legal claims or defences, obtain legal advice, and/or exercise, defend and/or protect the rights or properties of any member of our Group, including identifying, contacting or bringing legal action against any person who may be causing interference with such rights or properties (whether intentionally or otherwise) or where any other person could be harmed or property of any other person could be damaged by such interfering activities;
- any other incidental or associated purposes relating to the above, or any other purposes to which you may from time to time agree;
- monitoring use of the website to help its further development;
- compiling aggregate statistics about our users to analyze site usage;
- creating accounts for user who intends to register with the services offered on this website and maintaining such accounts;
- registering membership for user who intends to join our club and maintenance of the membership;
- researches and/or analysis by the Group;
- providing information related to the Group including the products, facilities, services and other privileges, benefits and other advantages from time to time offered by the Group or service providers to you and rallying and arranging for the same to be provided (see also Use of Information in Direct Marketing);
- evaluating and improving the facilities, services and/or products offered by the Group;
- facilitating communications between you and us and encouraging feed-back from you on your needs and expectations of facilities, services and/or products offered by the Group;
- in order to determine your eligibility to any products, facilities, services and other privileges, benefits and other advantages offered by the Group and consider what may best suit your needs, comparing your personal information with all personal information concerning you previously provided to the Group.
Use of Information in Direct Marketing: We intend to use all information provided by you as a user including your name, contact details and all other information which may assist us to understand the goods and services which you might be interested in, for delivering the aforesaid information and conducting direct marketing including products, services, advice and subjects in relation to the followings: Hong Kong and worldwide properties including residential, offices, commercial and industrial buildings, shops, hotels, shopping malls and the events therein, property management, construction, insurance, financial services, telecommunication, information technology, transport infrastructure operations and management, port business, transport and logistics, waste management, educational, recruitment, reward/loyalty/privilege programmes, corporate social responsibility activities, charitable and non-profitable causes. We also intend to, and in this regard you consent to, transfer and provide the abovementioned information to the subsidiary and/or associated companies of the Group and the service providers through whom the Group's products, facilities, services, privileges, benefits or advantages are provided inside and outside Hong Kong for the said purpose. We may not so use or provide the said information unless we have received your consent. Your consent may be communicated to us without charge at the time when you provide such information through our website or by writing to our Data Protection Officer.
Disclosure and Transfer of Personal Data
Personal Data held by us will be kept strictly confidential but we may provide or transfer the Personal Data to:
- any member of our Group;
- any agent, contractor or third party who provides administrative, data processing, computer or other services to us and/or our Group and who has a duty of confidentiality to the same;
- any person to whom our Group is under an obligation to make disclosure under the requirements of any law binding on our Group or for the purposes of any guidelines issued by regulatory or other authorities with which our Group is expected to comply with; and
- any person under a duty of confidentiality to us (including our accountants, legal advisors or other professional advisors).
Security of Personal Data
Once we receive your transmission, only our authorized employees or contractors will be able to access your Personal Data.
The collection of any personal data collected will be subject to the Group's Personal Information Collection Statement. Personal data is stored securely in the Group's system. We will take appropriate measures to ensure that your Personal Data is properly protected. However, there is no security guarantee for any data transmission over the internet and you transmit all such data at your own risk. The Group will take all practicable steps to ensure that personal data is not kept longer than is necessary for the fulfillment of the purpose (including any directly related purpose) for which the data is or is to be used. Only trained, authorized staff or contractors shall have access to the data, and the Group does not release personal data to parties outside the Group except as set out in the Group's Personal Information Collection Statements.
Links on this website may link to websites maintained by third parties. These third parties may have their own privacy policies and practices which are not bound by this Privacy Statement. We make no representation or warranty regarding the accuracy, timeliness, suitability or any other aspect of the information and content on such websites. Access to and use of such other websites is at your own risk and subject to the terms and conditions applicable to such websites.
When you visit our website, we shall make a record of your visit for preparing statistics on the usage of this website to improve the effectiveness of our marketing and promotional activities. Unless we specifically indicate to you that we intend to collect your Personal Data and require you to check a box to agree to such collection, we do not collect any Personal Data from you during your browsing of this website.
We shall also place a cookie in your browser. A cookie is a small file which contains anonymous information about your preferences and navigation pattern in particular sites, including your IP (internet protocol) address, browser type and the city-level location of your internet service provider, thus enabling website owners to provide more useful features for their users. Session cookies are used to enable you to move around the site and use essential functions on our websites, such as maintaining log-in details for the session such that the need to transfer information across the internet may be reduced. Google Analytics are used to recognize repeat visitors to our websites in order to enable us to better understand how our users browse to and through our websites, the time they spend and how often they visit our websites, relying on which we can improve our websites. Font size cookies are used to provide proper appearance of characters when you browse our websites.
The data collected by means of "cookies" will not be disclosed to any third parties except to any member within our Group or the agents of our Group. It will not be combined with any other information, and will only be used to provide troubleshooting services.
If you wish to disable the cookies, you may do so by changing the setting of your browser. However, in that event, you may not be able to make full use of our website.
Access to and Correction of Personal Data
You have the right to request access to and correction of your personal data in accordance with the provisions of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Cap.486). Any data access request or data correction request may be made to our Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or by post at 45/F Sun Hung Kai Centre, 30 Harbour Road, Wan Chai, Hong Kong.
If there is any inconsistency or ambiguity between the English version and the Chinese version, the English version shall prevail.
We reserve all rights to review, edit, vary or change this Privacy Statement at our sole discretion and without prior notice.